Sometimes, parents have to leave their kids home alone for a couple hours when they get home from school and before you get home from work. For a lot of parents, worries and stress comes with the thought of an emergency happening when they aren’t there. To help ease your mind, teach your children some of these basic safety tips so they know what to do in every situation!
- Install a video surveillance system to your home so that you can see what is going on anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
- Make sure all smoke detectors are working and functional.
- Make a list of important people and phone numbers for your children and make sure they are familiar with everyone on that list.
- Make sure they know where to find flashlights and fresh batteries for them.
- Create an emergency plan with your children. They should know what to do in case of a fire, emergency of if one of them get hurt.
- Remind your children to lock the doors at all times. If you have a home security system, make sure they know how to activate it. Also, remind them never to open the door for anyone.
- Keep all dangerous items like guns, knives, power tools, razor blades & scissors locked away safely
- Make sure all dangerous chemicals like detergents, polishers, pesticides, gasoline, bleach, etc. are stored properly and in child proof areas.