The Tucson, AZ Fire Department shared photos from an interesting rescue of a 26-year-old man that was trapped in his chimney for four hours. They responded after a neighbor reported hearing the man shouting for help.

Firefighters found the man stuck covered in soot and stuck in his chimney! His feet were touching the floor but his body was wedged in the fireplace. The fire crew lowered a rope down the chimney and were able to pull the man out safely with no injuries.

When asked what happened, the man told firefighters that he had accidently locked himself out of his house and was trying to get back in through the chimney.

Click here to visit the Tucson Fire Department’s Facebook and check out pictures of the rescue.

Next time, call a locksmith!

Secure Lock and Alarm provides 24-hour emergency service. Call us the next time you are locked out. Don’t try to climb through your chimney!